Real Tikka masala
One of the hotly debated topics is the origin of ‘Tikka Masala’. For us, it does not matter as we absolutely love this dish! So, what is the difference between tikka masala and butter chicken? A lot really! Butter chicken has a sweet flavour with a cardamom twist. Whereas tikka masala is smokey and tangy with roasted spices flavour coming from black cumin. Made with whole raw cashews, tomato powder, onion, garlic, whole spices such as cinnamon, cardamom, black cumin, cloves and a hint of saffron. All you need is a saucepan, about 700-800ml of water and 1-2 cups of your favourite veggies or protein of your choice. Cooks in under 20 min. Serve it with 1 Pot Meals Exotic Persian Rice for an authentic meal. It is Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Soy Free and contains NO NASTIES, NUMBERS or anything ARTIFICIAL.
Raw Cashews, Tomato Powder, Dried Carrots, Dried Onion, Himalayan Pink Salt, Ginger Powder, Smoked Paprika (Paprika, Liquid Smoke), Garlic Powder, Lemon Juice Powder, Coriander Seeds, Cumin Seeds, Cardamom, Cinnamon, Turmeric, Black Pepper, Cloves, Kashmir Chillies, Black Cumin, Saffron
- Boil 700ml of water (it will thicken once it is cooked)
- In a saucepan, add about 2 tablespoons of oil, 1 cup of protein of your choice, and the contents from the packet and stir for 2-3 mins at medium to high heat
- Add the boiling water, mix the ingredients, close the lid, but leave it slightly open and cook at low to medium heat for 15 mins (no need to stir if cooked on low to medium heat)
Rest for 2 mins and serve hot with 1 Pot Meals Exotic Persian
- Traditional Tikka sauce will be thick. If you do not like it thick, simply add another 150ml of water.
- You can replace the protein with a can of drained chickpeas or a cup of roasted cauliflower to create incredible cauliflower veggie curry.
This product contains tree nuts and is packed in the same kitchen that packs products with sesame seeds.
To maximize the flavour combination, it is best served with Exotic Persian.