Macadamia Pumpkin Risotto
Risotto is one of the popular dishes in Australia because of the Italian influence in our cuisine. Though, it is a simple dish, many people struggle to create that restaurant quality risotto. We wanted to create an authentic ‘better than restaurant’ quality risotto with a creamy texture and also keep it plant-based. The solution is to blend it with Australian Macadamia nuts that gives you a nice creamy and nutty flavour to the risotto. The best part is you don’t even need to cook with stock (Yes, we know it is sacrilege!), but our kit already contains dried pumpkin and herbs. Simply empty the packet to a saucepan and add about 900ml of water. You can always add 1-2 cups of your favourite veggies or protein of your choice if you like a chunky textured risotto. Cooks in under 20 min. It is Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Soy Free and contains NO NASTIES, NUMBERS or anything ARTIFICIAL.
Premium Italian Arborio Rice, Pumpkin Powder, Ground Macadamia Nuts, Onion Powder, Beetroot Powder, Himalayan Pink Salt, Herb Mix (Garlic, Tomato, Basil, Parsley, Dried Red Pepper, Oregano, Marjoram, Black Pepper), Organic Lemon Powder.
- Boil 900ml of water in a kettle
- In a non-stick saucepan with a lid, add about 2 tablespoons of olive oil + add the contents from the packet + (optional: 1 cup of protein or veggies of your choice) and stir for 2-3 mins at high heat
- Add the boiling water, stir well, close the lid, and cook at low heat for about 18 mins (stir every 4 to 5 mins)
Rest for 2 mins and serve hot with some fresh Basil or Parsley (optional)
- DO NOT COOK this rice kit in a rice cooker
- You can add 100ml of Sauvignon Blanc or Chardonnay at the beginning before you add the water to get an additional depth of flavour. Let the wine gets absorbed in the rice before you add water
- Try adding (optional) ¼ cup of grated parmesan cheese and 2 tablespoons of lemon rind right at the end to get an increased depth of flavour. Do check for salt taste before you add the cheese
- The rice will be watery when cooked, but it will get absorbed after 5 min
- If you are using a regular saucepan instead of non-stick saucepan, make sure you stir the rice regularly to avoid sticking to the bottom of the pan
- If you want well-cooked and creamy rice, try 1 litre of boiling water (instead of the 900ml)
This product contains nuts and is packed in the same kitchen that packs products with sesame seeds and other tree nuts.