Spicy South Indian Rice
Note: This rice dish is hot & spicy (Medium Heat)!
An original and authentic family recipe perfected over generations. It is made with premium jasmine rice, fermented lentils, five different dried veggies, organic coconut milk powder and contains whole spices such as coriander seeds, fenugreek seeds, turmeric, pepper, chilli and curry leaves. This is a nutritionally dense dish! Unlike the typical curry flavour you get in supermarkets, this dish has a perfectly balanced flavours. The chilli provides a nice heat to this dish and compliments the curry flavour! All you need is a saucepan and about 900 ml of water. Cooks in under 20 min. You can always add say 1 cup of diced pumpkin or sweet potaoes to bulk up the dish. It is Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Soy Free and contains NO NASTIES, NUMBERS or anything ARTIFICIAL.
Premium Jasmine Rice, Fermented Lentils, Dried Carrots, Dried Red Capsicum, Dried Green Capsicum, Pumpkin Powder, Tomato Powder, Organic Coconut Milk Powder, Crushed Chilli, Himalayan Pink Salt, Coriander Seeds, Fenugreek Seeds, Turmeric, Chia Seeds, Mustard Seeds, Pepper, Kashmiri Chilli, Asafoetida, Curry Leaves
- Boil 900 ml of water
- In a non-stick saucepan with lid, add about 2 tablespoons of oil + add the contents from the packet & stir for 2-3 mins at high heat
- Add the boiling water, stir, close the lid & cook at low heat for about 16 mins (no need to stir)
- Rest for 2 mins & serve with either roasted or steamed veggies
- DO NOT COOK this rice kit in a rice cooker
- Try adding 1 cup of diced pumpkin or sweet potatoes to bulk up the rice. It will also provide great depth of flavour and pair well with the spices
- The rice will be watery when cooked, but it will get absorbed after 5 min
This product may contain traces of sesame seeds and nuts.
You can consume this dish on its own. However, to maximise the flavour combination, this rice kit is best served with some oven roasted or sauteed or steamed veggies.