Turmeric Lemon Rice
This tangy lemon rice is made with premium basmati rice, raw cashews, dried carrots, dried lemon juice powder, whole spices such as coriander seeds, turmeric, hint of pepper and curry leaves. This one is a very mild and light dish, which is also great for kids. All you need is a saucepan and about 800ml of water. Cooks in under 20 min. You can always add say 1 cup of frozen veggies or fresh veggies to bulk up the dish.
Note: If you add additional ingredients, the tanginess will reduce. In that case, we suggest you add another 30-40ml of fresh lemon juice. The rice will clump up due to lemon juice powder. It is normal. Simply break up the contents and stir well before cooking. We can reduce the lumpiness by adding additives, but we prefer to produce a natural product.
It is Vegan, Gluten Free, Non-GMO, Soy Free and contains NO NASTIES, NUMBERS or anything ARTIFICIAL.
Basmati Rice, Dehydrated Carrots, Dried Lemon Juice Powder, Fermented Lentils, Turmeric, Cashews, Himalayan Pink Salt, Coriander Seeds, Curry Leaf, Black Pepper, Mustard Seeds, Chia Seeds, Kashmiri Chilli, Asafoetida
- Boil 800ml of water
- In a saucepan with lid, add about 2 tablespoons of oil + add the contents from the packet & stir for 2-3 min at high heat
- Add the boiling water, close the lid & cook at medium heat for about 15 min (no need to stir)
- Rest for 2 min & serve with roasted veggies and salad
- Simply add about 2 tablespoons of oil + add the contents from the packet & 600ml of water and cook according to the instructions
- Serve hot with roasted veggies and salad
This product contains nuts and may contain traces of sesame seeds.
To maximise the flavour combination, this rice kit is best served with 1 Pot Butter Chicken Style Blend, Coconut Curry Blend or Coconut Pumpkin Dhal.